Monday, February 28, 2011

Short Story "Space Race"

It was a humid night. All you could hear was the engines of the hover craft. Fans in pandemonium wrapped around the galaxy colleseum... it was April 20th, 3048. The day the fate of our race would be decided. All of the pressure had been put on my shoulders. I am Kevin Phoenix. I was chosen to race in the 16th annual Galaxy Space Race. Which had taken place on the Nebula of Voltron. But this was no normal race. No trophy was awarded.

The winner of the Space Race was granted to go home peacefully. But thats just the thing, home. The losers of the race would have their home planet vaporized or taken as slaves to work for the almighty Space God. Collossus. He was the size of Pluto. The Planet of what used to be home of the Aquatic species, the Glorfanoids. There were life forms of all sorts here. Humans of Earth, Glorfanoids of Sector 9, Giant insecticide life forms of Saturn, Cyclops of Venus and so on. We all thought the same thoughts and had the same objectives. Win the race and to stay alive. No matter what.

As I turn on my V9 carborator a bright blue unestinguishable flame burst through the tail pipe. I make we contact with the other competitors and wait for the Spectators to count down. I look out the window, starring at my wife Malinda. Knowing that this may be the last time I ever see her. I then focus on the obsticle corse. And not looking back. I hear the alien spectators count down to start the race. 5...4...3...2...1... blast off!

No comments:

Post a Comment